The Croton Arboretum
Incorporated in 1994, the Croton Arboretum and Sanctuary, Inc. is a volunteer, non-profit organization that provides environmental stewardship for 20+ acres of wetlands and woods at the Jane E. Lytle Arboretum in New York State's beautiful mid-Hudson River Valley. The Arboretum is open 365 days a year from dawn to dusk.
Working in collaborative partnership with local schools, businesses and other civic organizations, the Arboretum promotes ecological literacy and environmental education programs in wetland restoration, wildlife habitat enhancement and water quality monitoring.
Our bylaws are available online here.
Board of Directors and Officers
Below is the current list of directors and officers, followed by the year when their term expires. Terms expire at the annual meeting, held in February.
- Karen Jescavage-Bernard, President, 2019
- Merrily Besvinick, 2018
- Marc Cheshire, Vice President, 2019
- Don Daubney, 2020
- Carol Shanesy, Treasurer, 2020
- Daniel Shure, Secretary, 2018
- ToyKen Yee, 2018
Associate Board Members
- Laura Seitz
- Maria Slippen
- Bob Anderson, Deputy Mayor, Croton-on-Hudson
- Debra Costello, Council Member, Town of Cortlandt
Honorary Board Members
- Frances Allen
- Ann Fagan
- Greg Schmidt, Mayor, Croton-on-Hudson
- Anton Wilson